Parent & Community Resources
Padres Comprometidos Program
Acero Schools, in partnership with UnidosUS, is a proud host of the Padres Comprometidos Programs for our scholars' parents and caregivers. This 8-week course is composed of parents and caregivers of scholars of all ages who attend schools across our network. Our two cohorts are held in the Fall and the Spring and allow participants to learn ways to further their scholar's academic achievements while also making strides in their own personal development. For more information about the program or how you can participate please click here.
For more information about our, UnidosUS Affiliation click here.
Importance of Advocacy
Advocacy means raising awareness about an important matter to educate people and communities faced with big decisions or choices. There are a variety of ways to advocate for something important to our schools. This can include signing petitions or letters, attending events and speaking with public officials and community leaders.
Collective action is the key to our success, as the power of one individual alone is often not enough to make the kind of progress our students deserve. However, a group of people speaking up about the same issue makes it more challenging to ignore. Advocacy on a large scale on a single issue can make a serious impact on the decision-making of public officials and that is the crux of our Somos Potentes efforts.
- Van trips: Join us in Springfield to meet with public officials.
- Lobby Day: Participate in the annual INCS Lobby Day to advocate for your children's education.
- Speak at a CPS board meetings: Join us to share your student's experience each month.
- Share your testimonial: We want to hear from you! Contact email@example.com to share your story!
- Stay informed: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be added to advocacy-related newsletters and resources in partnership with the Illinois Network of Charter Schools (INCS) and Elevate Chicago.
- Spread the word: Each of us has the opportunity to be an Acero ambassador. Join us!
Social Shareables: Support us on Social Media!
Volunteering at Schools
Know Your Rights: Immigrant Resources
DACA and DREAMers Resources
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
GoGuardian: Student Chromebook Monitoring and Filtering
Student Online Personal Protection Act (SOPPA)
2018-2022 Acero Schools/Chicago Teachers Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Acero Back to School Hub
Crisis Text Line: 741741