Acero's Athletics leverages participation in sports to improve academic outcomes, teach valuable life lessons, engage parents and build community. Athletic programming is rooted in the Acero's mission and supports Acero's approach by:
- Advancing Acero's culture of high academic expectations,
- Challenging students to achieve excellence both on and off the field,
- Challenging parents to actively engage in the lives of their children and Acero,
- Promoting positive character development, and
- Building community through sports.
Acero Athletics is built on a foundation of structure, discipline and high expectations ̶ setting the standard for the network in scholarship and citizenship.
Acero Athletics also has created a line of spirit wear – custom, collegiate designs for each school. A great way to show your school pride and support the network, students and parents can purchase spirit wear at the main office of your UCSN campus.
Acero Athletics is fortunate to partner with the following organizations in support of athletic programming:
- Chicago Bears
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Chicago Red Stars
- Northwestern University Athletics
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Institute for Sports Medicine
- Positive Coaching Alliance
- Sports Challenge Leadership Academy
- Girls on the Run
- Girls in the Game
- Chicago Youth Sports Alliance
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon